What is NLP?
NLP is about understanding how the language of the mind creates the patterns and programs you run in life. We have programs for everything that we do – and by understanding this you can enhance the programs that are working well, change what isn’t working well and ‘map across’ resourceful patterns to other areas of life and you can use this information to help others too!
Ultimately, with NLP you are learning how your mind works – and in turn other people’s minds. In essence everything we interact with (see, hear, touch, taste, smell, think) creates a chemical reaction which triggers a response. What if you can learn how to purposefully alter those chemicals and therefore your responses? That, is NLP.
This remarkable set of tools is based on the amazing discovery that in changing how you think can change what you think – and in changing how and what you think, you can dramatically transform the results you create in your life.
NLP can assist you to develop and maintain a high level of motivation for achieving your goals, and can help convert barriers and obstacles into doorways to success. NLP can be used to learn the characteristics of top achievers and to create a blueprint for unlimited success.
NLP is an extraordinary approach to human communication and the development of excellence.
Through the simple yet profound techniques that make NLP so powerful, you can eliminate unwanted habits, transform negative emotions into positive feelings, improve the way you see yourself, enhance your self-esteem and become the person you want to be.
Everything you experience is created twice – first in your mind and then in reality. The experiences you create are representative of your internal state, the way you think and the feeling your thoughts generate. When you have the tools to change your internal state, you will find that your external reality will change to match the new internal state. It’s pretty simple, and quite astounding.
More information: Why learn NLP?
How do our students describe NLP?
Around the world there are so many different definitions of NLP.
We would like to offer you the following definitions of NLP from our students to give you an even better understanding of how you’ll be able to use your new skills. Also, have a look at what some of our students say about the NLP Worldwide training programs.
- NLP is the roadmap to how you think and react to the world around you as well as being able to better interpret how others are going to react and feel. It breaks the emotions into parts that can be rebalanced to increase performance if the desired outcome is wanted.
- I will use NLP both on a personal and business level which seem to cross over a lot for me. Personally, it will help me to understand why I do things in a certain way so therefore I can better react or not, to what others may say or do, and it will enable me to develop relationships on a deeper level because I will be able to understand why someone reacts or does things in a certain fashion.
- NLP is the language used (both verbally and non-verbally) to communicate with others and myself that creates transformations and shifts in our thinking, behaviours and actions in daily living. It is a powerful tool, a way of life that through daily practice/use takes you to any level you want by tapping into the unconscious mind.
- NLP is a kit containing tools that will improve your life. The tools can be used individually or for maximum effect, combined in a myriad of way to achieve the best possible results.
- My primary intention is to use these skills for myself and those around me in achieving desired outcomes. Also, I will guide others as to how they can achieve excellence through the facets of their life.
- NLP is freeing the unconscious mind from the viruses, glitches and malfunctioning areas in the same way that a computer technician would work on your computer so it works smoothly, effortlessly and so you have access to all of its functions.
- NLP provides the tools and techniques to bring about outcomes of excellence in states and behaviour using integrated and holistic approaches whereby the unconscious and conscious minds connect on many levels for the greater good of self and other.
- I will be using NLP for my own personal development using a variety of techniques to change beliefs, set (and collapse) anchors, integrate parts, achieve outcomes, change from present state to desired state, and be aware that my thoughts create my behaviour. I also will help facilitate the best possible outcomes for my son (7 years) by using the techniques with him. And, I will incorporate NLP in my future career opportunities.
How do I learn more about NLP?
The Level 1 course will give you the foundations of NLP and skills, understanding and tools to use in every area of your life! If you can’t make it to one of our live trainings, join Dr. Heidi with her Online NLP training program at Anywherenlp.com
Also – you can cruise around our past NLP Webinars and spend anywhere from a few hours to two days are a good way to get a good grasp of some of the concepts of NLP.