NLP Frequently Asked Questions
Check out some of these questions and let us know how we can further assist you!
Over the years we have been asked the same types of questions so we have compiled the following of Frequently Asked Questions to assist you with any enquiries you may have. We know that choosing an NLP Trainer isn’t always an easy task – there is a lot of jargon, marketing hype and everyone claims to be the best. We encourage you to find this out for yourself!
If you have any questions not covered here, please feel free to contact us!
We also invite you to have a look at our article: Before Your Commit: 10 Questions to Ask Your NLP Trainer
Who recognises the training with the Worldwide Institutes of NLP?
While there is no World organization that governs NLP, there are general guidelines that each institute should maintain for the minimum requirements in their certification courses.
What does “NLP Practitioner Certification” mean?
Some NLP trainers require me to watch DVD’s or listen to CD’s before attending a course. How come you don’t?
What is the difference between your accelerated method of training NLP and the longer courses I’ve seen?
We have assisted on a variety of courses throughout our tenure in NLP – the students in the longer courses do not learn more, nor do they seem to learn better – it simply takes longer.
What is the difference between your training organisation and others?
- We keep our number of participants under 25 per training. Most of our courses average size is 14 to 20; this allows one-on-one attention from the trainers, excellent group rapport and your individual needs are met.
- We provide tables for you to put your manuals, books and for note-taking.
- In Sydney, we are centrally located with our own purpose built training and consultation rooms.
- Each class is different and tailored to the participants, thus everyone’s intentions are met.
- In Master Practitioner you will participate in clinic hours where you practice NLP in real terms.
- Our Certificates are internationally recognized and accepted by the major NLP Institutes in the World
- Ongoing support and coaching or mentoring available
- Monthly practice groups around the world
- Monthly Online Practice Group
- Supervision options with Laureli or Heidi
- Ongoing education and workshops for instance; Advanced NLP Techniques, NLP for Health, Higher Self Therapy using NLP, NLP Coaching Certification, NLP Trainer and Presentation Skills.
- We use the accelerated method which means you get the “mind muscle” generative learning.
Do you teach Timeline?
Time Line Therapy® is a Registered Trademark of Dr. Tad James. Used with permission.
What does hypnosis have to do with NLP?
The importance of Hypnosis use in NLP is two-fold. First, the mind stores all its memories, emotions, and data about self and the world in its unconscious mind. The way we reach this part of the mind effectively is via trance. You learn how to get into rapport and assist others to relax in order to open the communication to this part of the mind conversationally. This is taught with integrity and is not mind control. Anyone who communicates with anyone else in the world already puts people into trance, we teach how to do it to help you and understand others. Secondly, wording your words in a particular order can give a powerful message. This is done in TV. radio and media advertising. Most sales and marketing companies use these types of hypnotic language phrases and tools. It is a great way to help people see another side of a situation. Storytelling is a great example of this type of hypnotic trance.
Is there research that substantiates NLP?
Over the years a lot of research has been done. Have a look at the NLP Research and Recognition team, they are doing various studies regarding trauma with war vetrans using a specific NLP technique called the VK Dissociation Process – www.nlprandr.com . Another great web site to check out is: www.nlp.de/cgi.bin/research and Anchor Point Magazine has been publishing articles for over 10 years with a diverse supply of commentary from great NLP’ers from around the world.
NLP Certification Training
Since 1994, The Worldwide Institutes of NLP have been offering NLP training through the world. All of our courses exceed the international minimum requirements of NLP and contain all required elements, including Timeline, Ericksonian Hypnosis and Coaching.
Our programs are all lead by one or both of our NLP Master Trainers – Dr. Heidi Heron & Laureli Blyth.